July 4th Summer Cooler Recipe: Iced Ginger Honey Hibiscus Tea
Happy 4th of July! Looking for a nice summery refreshing tea treat to cool off on your day off? Why not try out our summer cooler recipe.
Iced Ginger Honey Hibiscus Tea
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons of grated fresh ginger
- ½ cup dried red hibiscus petals
- 2-3 cardamom pods
- 8 ½ cups water
1. Ginger syrup: Mix sugar, cardamom pods, and ½ cup water in saucepan. Boil and cook syrup for 3 minutes, continuously stirring until sugar is dissolved. Add grated ginger and remove pan from stove. Cool and strain syrup.
2. Hibiscus tea: Pour 4 cups of water in saucepan with hibiscus petals and boil on low heat for 5 minutes. Let tea cool for 5 more minutes. Strain and add 4 more cups of water. Add ice.
3. Serving: Pour tea into cups, adding the ginger syrup and sweeten to taste.
Adapted from: Saveur